让我们总结一下20岁的你应该做的三件事吧!
1. Get some identity capital. 自我增值
Do something that adds value to who you are.
做一些会使你增值的事。
Do something that's an investment in who you might want to be next.
为成为你想变成的那个人,做一些投资。
So now is the time for that cross-country job, that internship, that startup you want to try.
现在正是时候,做你想尝试的那些跨国工作,实习等等。
2. Use you weak ties. 利用你的弱人脉
Twentysomethings who huddle together withlike-minded peers limit who they know, what they know, how they think, how they speak, and where they work.
20多岁的你,经常只和想法相同的同龄人交往,但这其实会限制你的交际圈,限制你所知、所想、限制你的眼界。
That new piece of capital, that new person to date almost always comes from outside the inner circle. New things come from what are called our weak ties, our friends of friends of friends.
其实,很多消息和机会通常来自你的圈子外,去认识一下你的邻居、朋友的朋友的朋友吧,这会带给你更多的资源,也会带给你更广阔的视野。
Half of new jobs are never posted, so reaching out to your neighbor's boss is how you get that unposted job.
有一半的新工作都是没有被发布的,所以接近你邻居的老板,恰恰是你得到那份没有被发布的工作的途径。
It's not cheating. It's the science of how information spreads.
这并不是开玩笑。信息传播的科学就是如此。
3. Pick your family. 选择你的家人
Dating in my 20s was like musical chairs. Everybody was running around and having fun, but then sometime around 30 it was like the music turned off and everybody started sitting down.
20多岁的时候谈恋爱就像玩抢椅子,每个人都东奔西跑地玩乐,但是在30左右时音乐停止了,每个人都开始坐下。
The best time to work on your marriage is before you have one, and that means being as intentional with love as you are with work.
为你的婚姻所努力的最好时候,是在你拥有婚姻以前。享受恋爱,但选择你未来的家人,一定要像选工作一样积极而谨慎。
Picking your family is about consciously choosing who and what you want rather than just making it work or killing time with whoever happens to be choosing you.
选择你的家庭,意味着有意识地选择你想要的,而不是和那个碰巧也选择了你的人消磨时间。
So...
30 is not the new 20
30岁不是新的20岁
Get some identity capital
为自我增值
Use your weak ties
运用你的弱人脉
Pick your family
选择你的家人
Don't be defined by what you DIDN'T know or DIDN'T do.
不要被你未知或未做的事情所定义。
YOU're deciding your life RIGHT NOW.
此时此刻,你正在决定着自己的生活。