拼写

汇总答案

周一:

Hello I'm Feifei and welcome to another episode of 6 Minute English.

大家好,我是菲菲,欢迎来到新一期的BBC英语6分钟。

Hi, I'm Neil.

大家好,我是尼尔。

Here you are Neil, I was just about to start without you.

哦,你来了尼尔,我正打算自己开始了。

No need, no need, I'm never late, you know that! Punctuality is my middle name.

没必要,没必要,你知道的我从不迟到!守时就是我的名字。

Punctuality meaning: being on time for things.

守时的意思是:按时做事。

Yes, punctuality means not being late. It's very important in Western working culture. Are you a punctual person Feifei?

是的,守时的意思是不迟到。在西方文化中,守时是十分重要的。你是一个守时的人吗,菲菲?

I'm always punctual in my working life, but in my personal life...

在工作中,我一直是很守时的,但是在生活中...

OK, I don't want to know. That's interesting Feifei because the psychiatrist Dr. Keith Ablow, says the three most common causes for lateness are:  firstly, worrying about the appointment, secondly, a need to show power or superiority, and the third reason for people being late is that they have a need to know they are loved.  好了,我不想知道。菲菲,给你讲点有趣的,精神病医生基斯·阿布罗认为,三个最常见的迟到的原因是:首先,担心这个约会;第二,需要显示权威或优势;人们迟到的第三个原因是他们需要知道他们是被爱的

ok ,I don't want to know.that's  interesting feifei because the psychiatrist                   says  the three most common causes for

lateness are :firstly ,worrying about the appointment,secondly ,a need  to show power or superiority ,and the third reason ,for people

being late is that they have a need to know they are loved

So Feifei, which one is you? Sounds like you are a mixture of all of them...

所以,菲菲,哪一个符合你?看起来你就是这几个的混合体。

No comment - let's move on.

无可奉告——我们继续吧。

周二:

OK. Well, let's hear what some of our friends and colleagues have to say about punctuality.

让我们来听听我们的朋友和同事们对于守时都说了些什么。

I think living in London, you find the most common reason for being late is transport because it's not very reliable - whenever you are rushing somewhere,  and you think you are OK with time, but suddenly your train is delayed: and if you have to change to another train, you might miss that train and it's can make you be even later than you intended to be.

我认为住在伦敦,你会发现迟到最常见的原因是交通,因为它不是很可靠——无论你何时要赶往某地,你都认为时间上还来得及,但是火车突然延误了:如果你要改做别的火车,你可能赶不上,这样会让你更晚到。

Well that's very interesting. Generally speaking, if you're going to be late for something, it's polite to call and let people know.

嗯这很有趣。通常来讲,如果你觉得你要迟到了,打个电话告诉等你的人是有礼貌的。

It is. And here's a clip of someone doing just that.

是的。这里有一段剪辑,里面的人就是这么做的。

Joe Smith speaking.

我是乔·史密斯。

Hi Joe, it's Sarah. I'm on my way to the meeting but I'm afraid the traffic's terrible. I'm sorry but I think I'm going to be late.

你好乔,我是萨拉。我正在去往开会的路上但是交通很不给力。很抱歉我想我可能要迟到了。

OK, don't worry. What time do you think you'll get there?

好的,别担心,你觉得你什么时候能到?

To be honest, it's hard to say. I've been here for 30 minutes and the traffic is at a standstill. I think I'll be about 15 minutes late.

坦白讲,很难说。我在这已经等了30分钟了,交通依然停滞。我想我可能要迟到十五分钟。

OK, thanks for letting me know. If you're going to be any later, call me again.

好的,谢谢你告诉我。如果到时你还不能到,再给我打电话。

OK, will do. Sorry again. See you soon.

好的,我会的。再次抱歉。一会儿见。

周三:

So, that was Sarah calling to say she's going to be late and if I'm not mistaken -

这就是萨拉打电话说她要迟到了,如果我没弄错的话——

It's Business Betty!!

贝蒂来了!!

Hello! I'm not late am I?

你好!我没迟到,是吗?

Oh, no no. Not at all, and I wouldn't care if you were.

一点也没,如果你迟到了我也不会介意。

Thank you Neil.

谢谢你尼尔。

Well, you're just in time to tell us how to say you're going to be late for something.

你来的正好,告诉我们如果要迟到了该怎么说。

Oh that's good, I hate being late for things. Right - so to business.

很好,我很讨厌迟到。对于工作也是。

Now, in the English speaking world, if you are going to be late for an appointment, you should let people know.

在说英语的国家里,如果你约会要迟到了,你应该让别人知道。

There are three things you need to do here. First, apologise. Second, explain why you're late. And third, say when you think you'll arrive.

你需要做三件事。首先,道歉。其次,解释你为什么迟到。第三,告诉别人你什么时候会到。

So, first: apologise. Here's what Sarah said:

所以,首先:道歉。萨拉是这么说的:

I'm sorry but I think I'm going to be late.

很抱歉,我想我要迟到了。

"I'm sorry but I think I'm going to be late" - nice and simple. She apologised again at the end of the conversation.

很抱歉,我想我要迟到了”——简洁又漂亮。在谈话结束前她再一次道歉。

Sorry again.

再一次抱歉。

Second, explain why you're late. Sarah said: I'm on my way to the meeting but I'm afraid the traffic's terrible. I've been here for 30 minutes and the traffic is at a standstill.

其次,解释你为什么迟到。萨拉说:我在去开会的路上,但是交通很不给力。我在这已经等了30分钟了,交通依然停滞。

周四:

Let's hear that again.

让我们再听一遍。

I'm on my way to the meeting but I'm afraid the traffic's terrible. I've been here for 30 minutes and the traffic is at a standstill.

我在去开会的路上,但是交通很不给力。我在这已经等了30分钟了,交通依然停滞。

And third, say when you think you'll arrive.

再次,讲清楚你什么时候会到。

I think I'll be about 15 minutes late.

我觉得我会晚到15分钟。

And again: 再说一次:

I think I'll be about 15 minutes late.

我觉得我会晚到15分钟。

And then, stop worrying! When you finally get to your meeting, don't go rushing straight in.

然后,别担心 !当你终于到达会议地点时不要直接冲进去。

Take a couple of minutes first, to calm down and freshen up, so that you appear professional, not panicky.

首先花几分钟平复情绪,梳洗一番,这样你看起来是专业的而不是恐慌的。

A quick apology when you arrive – "Sorry I'm late everyone" and then it's down to business. So, I hope that's helpful...

你到了后先做个简短的道歉——“抱歉了大家,我迟到了”然后开始工作。我希望能有帮助...

Very very helpful! 非常非常有用!

Yes, thanks Betty! 是的,谢谢贝蒂!

Good, because I have to go now, I've got a meeting and I don't want to be late. Bye! Bye.  很好,我要走了,我还有个会,不想迟到。再见了!再见。

She is so good... 她非常厉害...

Shall we listen to the clip again? 让我们再听一遍剪辑吧?

I think we should... 我认为我们应该...

周五:

Joe Smith speaking.  我是乔·史密斯。

Hi Joe, it's Sarah. I'm on my way to themeeting but I'm afraid the traffic's terrible. I'm sorry but I think I'm goingto be late.

你好,乔,我是萨拉。我在去开会的路上,但是交通很不给力。很抱歉,恐怕我要迟到了。

OK, don't worry. What time do you thinkyou'll get there?

好的,别担心。你觉得你什么时候能到?

To be honest, it's hard to say. I've beenhere for 30 minutes and the traffic is at a standstill. I think I'll be about15 minutes late.

老实说,这很难讲。我在这已经等了30分钟了,交通一直停滞。我觉得我要迟到15分钟。

OK, thanks for letting me know. If you'regoing to be any later call me again.

好的,谢谢你告诉我。如果到时你还不能到再给我打电话。

OK, will do. Sorry again. See yousoon.  好的,我会的。再次抱歉了。一会儿见。

So that's what to do if you're runninglate.  这就是如果迟到了,你该怎么办。

Yes, so next time Feifei, can you set off abit earlier? I don't want to hang around. Yes set off earlier, you Neil.

好的,菲菲下次你可以早点出发吗?我不想闲逛。是的,尼尔是你应该早点出发。

Yes. Well, you don't want to talk aboutyour personal life, do you?

你不想谈谈你的私生活吗?

You were the one that was late for the programme.

你才是节目上迟到的那个人。

Yes, but generally speaking, it's you,isn't it? So, anyway, make sure you join us for the next episode of 6 MinuteEnglish.

是的,但是一般来说是你,不是吗?不管怎样,请记得收听我们下期的节目。

And DON'T be late! Bye! 记住“不要迟到哦”!再见!

最后编辑于
©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
  • 序言:七十年代末,一起剥皮案震惊了整个滨河市,随后出现的几起案子,更是在滨河造成了极大的恐慌,老刑警刘岩,带你破解...
    沈念sama阅读 203,324评论 5 476
  • 序言:滨河连续发生了三起死亡事件,死亡现场离奇诡异,居然都是意外死亡,警方通过查阅死者的电脑和手机,发现死者居然都...
    沈念sama阅读 85,303评论 2 381
  • 文/潘晓璐 我一进店门,熙熙楼的掌柜王于贵愁眉苦脸地迎上来,“玉大人,你说我怎么就摊上这事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 150,192评论 0 337
  • 文/不坏的土叔 我叫张陵,是天一观的道长。 经常有香客问我,道长,这世上最难降的妖魔是什么? 我笑而不...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 54,555评论 1 273
  • 正文 为了忘掉前任,我火速办了婚礼,结果婚礼上,老公的妹妹穿的比我还像新娘。我一直安慰自己,他们只是感情好,可当我...
    茶点故事阅读 63,569评论 5 365
  • 文/花漫 我一把揭开白布。 她就那样静静地躺着,像睡着了一般。 火红的嫁衣衬着肌肤如雪。 梳的纹丝不乱的头发上,一...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 48,566评论 1 281
  • 那天,我揣着相机与录音,去河边找鬼。 笑死,一个胖子当着我的面吹牛,可吹牛的内容都是我干的。 我是一名探鬼主播,决...
    沈念sama阅读 37,927评论 3 395
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我猛地睁开眼,长吁一口气:“原来是场噩梦啊……” “哼!你这毒妇竟也来了?” 一声冷哼从身侧响起,我...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 36,583评论 0 257
  • 序言:老挝万荣一对情侣失踪,失踪者是张志新(化名)和其女友刘颖,没想到半个月后,有当地人在树林里发现了一具尸体,经...
    沈念sama阅读 40,827评论 1 297
  • 正文 独居荒郊野岭守林人离奇死亡,尸身上长有42处带血的脓包…… 初始之章·张勋 以下内容为张勋视角 年9月15日...
    茶点故事阅读 35,590评论 2 320
  • 正文 我和宋清朗相恋三年,在试婚纱的时候发现自己被绿了。 大学时的朋友给我发了我未婚夫和他白月光在一起吃饭的照片。...
    茶点故事阅读 37,669评论 1 329
  • 序言:一个原本活蹦乱跳的男人离奇死亡,死状恐怖,灵堂内的尸体忽然破棺而出,到底是诈尸还是另有隐情,我是刑警宁泽,带...
    沈念sama阅读 33,365评论 4 318
  • 正文 年R本政府宣布,位于F岛的核电站,受9级特大地震影响,放射性物质发生泄漏。R本人自食恶果不足惜,却给世界环境...
    茶点故事阅读 38,941评论 3 307
  • 文/蒙蒙 一、第九天 我趴在偏房一处隐蔽的房顶上张望。 院中可真热闹,春花似锦、人声如沸。这庄子的主人今日做“春日...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 29,928评论 0 19
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我抬头看了看天上的太阳。三九已至,却和暖如春,着一层夹袄步出监牢的瞬间,已是汗流浃背。 一阵脚步声响...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 31,159评论 1 259
  • 我被黑心中介骗来泰国打工, 没想到刚下飞机就差点儿被人妖公主榨干…… 1. 我叫王不留,地道东北人。 一个月前我还...
    沈念sama阅读 42,880评论 2 349
  • 正文 我出身青楼,却偏偏与公主长得像,于是被迫代替她去往敌国和亲。 传闻我的和亲对象是个残疾皇子,可洞房花烛夜当晚...
    茶点故事阅读 42,399评论 2 342

推荐阅读更多精彩内容