And wilt thou have me fashion into speech 你可愿把我化作爱你的言语,
The love I bear thee, finding words enough,求索出满满的词句,表达深埋的爱意,
And hold the torch out, while the winds are rough, 风很狂野,吹过我俩的面颊,
Between our faces, to cast light on each?--- 该不该举起火炬,让彼此获取光明?——
I drop it at thy feet. I cannot teach
我把它扔了,在你脚边。我无法教导自己的手
My hand to hold my spirit so far off
把灵魂撕扯,远离自我 ------- 本我 ------
From myself---me---that I should bring thee proof
那样我才应该给你证明,
In words, of love hid in me out of reach.
用言语,证明不可触及的雪藏的爱。
Nay, let the silence of my womanhood
不,让位给女子特有的沉默吧
Commend my woman-love to thy belief,--- 它会引领我女性的爱成为你的信仰,-----
Seeing that I stand unwon, however wooed, 看,好逑如许,我也没有胜利的站姿,
And rend the garment of my life, in brief,
划开生之华服,不多言,
By a most dauntless, voiceless fortitude,
以无与比拟的刚毅,勇敢的,无语的,
Lest one touch of this heart convey its grief.
触动这颗心,一次,悲伤无余。