This is got to dieThis is got to stop
这一切终将消散停止
This has got to lie down
这时要有人屈服
Someone else on top
让另一人高高在上
You can keep me pinned
你可以继续把我的躯体死死钉住
It's easier to tease
这样可以更好的嘲谑
But you can't paint an elephant
但你却无法绘出一头大象
Quite as good as she
同她的一样栩栩如生
And she may cry like a baby
她有时也会如婴儿般哭得泣不成声
And she may drive me Crazy
有时也令我神魂颠倒
'Cause I am lately lonely
可能因为我近来时常茕茕孑立吧
So why d'you have to lie?
你何必欺瞒与我?
I take it I'm your crutch
我想我是你精神的拐杖
The pillow in your pillow case
是你枕套里的枕芯
It's easier to touch
更从容简单地去抚摸
And when you think you've sinned
当你认识到自己身负罪孽
Do you fall upon your knees?
你是否会跪下双膝祈求宽恕?
And do you sit within your picture?
或者是耽溺于你所作的画?
Do you still forget the breeze?
仍旧记不得那如微风吹拂般的悸动?
And she may rise' if I sing you down
如果我的歌声中没有你(放得下你),我或许会真正地关心她
And she may wisely cling to the ground
她也许也明智地降低自己的地位
Cause I'm lately horny
因为我近来实在是欲火中烧
So why would she take me horny?
她为何让我如此欲火焚身?
What's the point of this song? Or even singing?
这首歌有何意义?或只是在无病呻吟?
You've already gone' why am I clinging?
你早已离我远去,我又为何纠缠不休?
Well I could throw it out' and I could live without
好吧,我可以抛弃这沉重的枷锁,没有它我也能活下去
And I could do it all for you
我甘心情愿的为你付出所有
I could be strong
我能不再软弱
Tell me if you want me to lie
告诉我吧,你是否想让我欺骗你
'Cause this has got to die
因为这些终究会烟消云散
This has got to stop
这些终究会停止不前
This has got to lie down' down
必须要有人屈服了
With someone else on top
成全另一人高高在上
You can both keep me pinned
你们两个都能让我泥泽深陷,无法自拔
'Cause it's easier to tease
这样就可以更好的戏虐于我
But you can't make me happy
但是你们都无法令我
Quite as good as me
比自娱自乐时更开心
Well you know that's a lie
好吧,一切不过只是自欺欺人的谎言罢了
Damien Rice