英语流利说 Level5 Unit3 Part3-Describing Actions & Personal Traits

Describing Actions

描述操作

Silly: foolish or stupid or ridiculous, the opposite of serious.

愚蠢的:愚蠢或愚蠢或可笑的,严肃的反义词。

He is being silly, so we should just ignore him.

他很傻,所以我们不应该理他。

That's a silly idea, so I don't think she means what she's saying.

那是个愚蠢的想法,所以我不认为她是认真的。

This is no time for silly behavior, so I'm asking everyone to work harder and take things seriously.

现在不是做傻事的时候,所以我要求每个人都更加努力,认真对待。

He expects people to laugh when he's being silly, but I don't think it's funny.

他希望人们在他做傻事时发笑,但我不认为这很有趣。

That kind of silly behavior isn’t acceptable in our office.

那种愚蠢的行为在我们办公室是不能接受的。


Amazing: to be incredible or so good as to be hard to believe; the opposite of ordinary.

令人惊奇的,令人难以置信的;平凡的反义词。

That company's new products are truly amazing.

那家公司的新产品真是太棒了。

She gave an amazing performance, especially after all the difficulties she had to overcome.

她的表演非常精彩,尤其是在她克服了那么多困难之后。

It's amazing what people can accomplish if they are determined.

如果人们下定决心,他们能完成的事情是令人惊奇的。

He was in a terrible accident, so it's amazing that he is still alive.

他遭遇了一场可怕的事故,所以他还活着真是令人吃惊。

It will be an amazing accomplishment if they can finish the project on schedule.

如果他们能按时完成这个项目,那将是一项了不起的成就。


Crucial: to be of extreme importance or an essential part; the opposite of optional.

至关重要的;至关重要的;可选的反面。

It's crucial that we get them to sign the contract by the end of the week.

让他们在这个周末之前签合同是很重要的。

Getting that data is crucial for our success.

获取这些数据对我们的成功至关重要。

We can’t do this without their help, so it’s crucial that you get them to cooperate.

没有他们的帮助我们无法做到这一点,所以让他们合作是至关重要的。

It's crucial that airplane pilots get enough sleep before they fly.

飞行员在飞行前保证充足的睡眠是至关重要的。

We need her help because she has unique skills that are crucial for the success of our project.

我们需要她的帮助,因为她有独特的技能,这对我们项目的成功至关重要。


Impressive: to stand out and be unforgettable in a good way.

令人印象深刻:脱颖而出,以一种好的方式令人难忘。

His presentation was so impressive that we decided to hire him right away.

他的演示给人留下了深刻的印象,我们决定马上雇用他。

They have an impressive website, but the quality of their products is pathetic.

他们有一个令人印象深刻的网站,但他们的产品质量是可怜的。

Their design was impressive, but the costs were much higher than we could afford, so we had to reject it.

他们的设计令人印象深刻,但成本远高于我们的承受能力,所以我们不得不拒绝。

He made an impressive entrance, but when he left the meeting he looked tired and defeated.

他进场时给人留下了深刻的印象,但离开会场时,他看上去疲惫不堪。

She impressed everyone with her powerful speech,  but we were soon disappointed by her inability to meet her goals.

她强有力的演讲给每个人留下了深刻的印象,但我们很快就对她无法实现自己的目标感到失望。

It’s ok for you to have high expectations, but they need to be realistic or you’ll fail.

对你有很高的期望是可以的,但是它们必须是现实的,否则你会失败。


Realistic: to be possible and attainable.

现实的:可能的和可实现的。

That deadline isn't realistic, so we need to ask for more time.

那个截止日期不现实,所以我们需要更多的时间。

He isn't being realistic when he expects to charge such high prices for his products.

他期望自己的产品要价如此之高,这是不现实的。

His proposal wasn't realistic because he doesn't understand the details and potential risks of such a project.

他的建议不现实,因为他不了解这样一个项目的细节和潜在风险。

She gave an amazing performance, especially after all the difficulties she had  overcome.

她的表演非常精彩,尤其是在她克服了种种困难之后。

Getting that data is crucial for our success.

获取这些数据对我们的成功至关重要。

That deadline isn't realistic, so we need to ask for more time.

那个截止日期不现实,所以我们需要更多的时间。


Don't worry about what she said because she was just being silly.

别担心她说的话,她只是在装傻。

That deadline isn't realistic, so we need to ask for more time.

那个截止日期不现实,所以我们需要更多的时间。

It's amazing what people can accomplish if they are determined.

如果人们下定决心,他们能完成的事情是令人惊奇的。

The words silly and serious are antonyms because they have opposite meanings.

silly和serious是反义词,因为它们的意思相反。

Their design was impressive, but the costs were much higher than we could afford, so we had to reject it.

他们的设计令人印象深刻,但成本远高于我们的承受能力,所以我们不得不拒绝。


Personal Traits 

Sincere: to be honest and trust worthy.

真诚:诚实可信。

I think she was being sincere, so I think we can trust her.

我觉得她很真诚,所以我们可以信任她。

Sometimes it's very difficult to know if someone is being sincere, or it's just a good liar.

有时候很难知道一个人是真诚的,还是只是一个好的骗子。

I doubt if he’s being sincere, so we should protect ourselves in case he breaks his promise.

我怀疑他是否真诚,所以我们应该保护自己,以防他违背诺言。

I thought he was being sincere ,but when I  looked  into his background it seems that he can't be trusted.

我原以为他是真诚的,但当我调查他的背景时,我发现他似乎不值得信任。


Naive: overly simple and lacking experience.

天真:过于简单且缺乏经验。

He wants to change the world, but he's very naive, so he needs someone to help him.

他想改变世界,但是他太天真了,所以他需要有人帮助他。

I think we can take advantage of him, because he is naive and impatient.

我想我们可以利用他,因为他又天真又没耐心。

Internet criminals are very clever and can often fool naive people into giving away confidential information.

网络犯罪分子非常聪明,他们经常能愚弄天真的人,让他们泄露机密信息。

Some people can be really cruel, so don’t be naive or you can be hurt.

有些人真的很残忍,所以不要太天真,否则你会受伤的。

she isn't as naive as she looks ,so we should be careful not to reveal our plans until she signs the contract

她并不像看上去那么天真,所以我们要小心,在她签署合同之前不要透露我们的计划


Brilliant: highly intelligent or exceptional in brightness; the opposite of dull.

聪明的:高度聪明的或异常明亮的;无聊的反义词。

There is no doubt that he is a brilliant scientist, but he is a very poor manager.

毫无疑问,他是个有才华的科学家,但他是个很差劲的经理。

It's amazing how such a brilliant man can be so stupid around women!

一个如此聪明的男人在女人面前竟然如此愚蠢,真是不可思议!

That's a brilliant idea, so let's get started as soon as possible.

那是个好主意,所以让我们尽快开始吧。

The ideas in his paper were brilliant, but the quality of his writing was pathetic.

他的论文思想很好,但写作质量却很差。

he's brilliant but naive, so he needs someone with a lot of experience to help me.

他聪明又天真,所以他需要一个经验丰富的人来帮助我。


Cruel: mean, manipulative and hurtful; The opposite of kind.

残忍的:刻薄、控制欲强、伤人的;kind的反义词。

He can be cruel when he doesn't like someone, so don't expect him to be nice to you.

他不喜欢一个人的时候会很残忍,所以不要指望他对你好。

I was shocked by how cruel he was when he fired her.

当他解雇她时,我对他的残忍感到震惊。

People who are cruel to animals should be punished for their behavior.

虐待动物的人应该为他们的行为受到惩罚。

I can never forgive him for his cruelty, so don't ask me to meet with him ever again.

我永远不会原谅他的残忍,所以不要再叫我和他见面了。

some people can be really cruel, so don't be naive or you can be hurt.

有些人真的很残忍,所以不要太天真,否则你会受伤的。


Clever: innovative, creative, very smart.

聪明的:创新的,有创造力的,非常聪明。

He found a clever solution that allowed us to reduce costs.

他找到了一个聪明的解决办法,使我们能够降低成本。

Advertisers are very clever at getting people to buy things they don't really need.

广告商在让人们购买他们并不真正需要的东西方面非常聪明。

They have developed a very clever way to increase the efficiency of their sales team.

他们想出了一个非常聪明的方法来提高销售团队的效率。

He isn't as clever as he thinks he is, so we may be able to find a weakness in his plan.

他并不像他自己认为的那样聪明,所以我们也许能在他的计划中发现弱点。

It appeared to be a clever idea at first, but it failed because it ignored some important details.

起初,这似乎是一个聪明的想法,但它失败了,因为它忽略了一些重要的细节。


Skeptical: needs proof or evidence to overcome doubts; the opposite of convinced.

怀疑的:需要证据或证据来克服怀疑;说服的反义词。

I'm sure they will be skeptical of our results, so we need to bring convincing evidence.

我肯定他们会怀疑我们的结果,所以我们需要有令人信服的证据。

I'm skeptical that such a simple design can satisfy our requirements.

我怀疑这样简单的设计是否能满足我们的要求。

He's skeptical that we can satisfy their needs, so he wants us to provide more details about our plan.

他怀疑我们能否满足他们的需要,所以他想让我们提供更多有关我们计划的细节。

she was skeptical that we could finish the project on time, and now she has been proven right.

她怀疑我们能否按时完成这个项目,现在事实证明她是对的。


Sometimes it's very difficult to know if someone is being sincere, or it's just a good liar.

有时候很难知道一个人是真诚的,还是只是一个好的骗子。

It's amazing how such brilliant man can be so stupid around women!

一个如此聪明的男人在女人面前竟然如此愚蠢,真是不可思议!

Advertisers are very clever at getting people to buy things they don't really need.

广告商在让人们购买他们并不真正需要的东西方面非常聪明。

She was skeptical that we could finish the project on time, and now she has been proven right.

她怀疑我们能否按时完成这个项目,现在事实证明她是对的。

I think we can take advantage of him, because he is naive and impatient.

我想我们可以利用他,因为他又天真又没耐心。

It's amazing how such a brilliant man can be so stupid around women!

一个如此聪明的男人在女人面前竟然如此愚蠢,真是不可思议!

I don't know how people can be so cruel to animals.

我不知道人们怎么能对动物如此残忍。

I doubt if he’s being sincere, so we should protect ourselves in case he breaks his promise.

我怀疑他是否真诚,所以我们应该保护自己,以防他违背诺言。

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
  • 序言:七十年代末,一起剥皮案震惊了整个滨河市,随后出现的几起案子,更是在滨河造成了极大的恐慌,老刑警刘岩,带你破解...
    沈念sama阅读 194,242评论 5 459
  • 序言:滨河连续发生了三起死亡事件,死亡现场离奇诡异,居然都是意外死亡,警方通过查阅死者的电脑和手机,发现死者居然都...
    沈念sama阅读 81,769评论 2 371
  • 文/潘晓璐 我一进店门,熙熙楼的掌柜王于贵愁眉苦脸地迎上来,“玉大人,你说我怎么就摊上这事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 141,484评论 0 319
  • 文/不坏的土叔 我叫张陵,是天一观的道长。 经常有香客问我,道长,这世上最难降的妖魔是什么? 我笑而不...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 52,133评论 1 263
  • 正文 为了忘掉前任,我火速办了婚礼,结果婚礼上,老公的妹妹穿的比我还像新娘。我一直安慰自己,他们只是感情好,可当我...
    茶点故事阅读 61,007评论 4 355
  • 文/花漫 我一把揭开白布。 她就那样静静地躺着,像睡着了一般。 火红的嫁衣衬着肌肤如雪。 梳的纹丝不乱的头发上,一...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 46,080评论 1 272
  • 那天,我揣着相机与录音,去河边找鬼。 笑死,一个胖子当着我的面吹牛,可吹牛的内容都是我干的。 我是一名探鬼主播,决...
    沈念sama阅读 36,496评论 3 381
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我猛地睁开眼,长吁一口气:“原来是场噩梦啊……” “哼!你这毒妇竟也来了?” 一声冷哼从身侧响起,我...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 35,190评论 0 253
  • 序言:老挝万荣一对情侣失踪,失踪者是张志新(化名)和其女友刘颖,没想到半个月后,有当地人在树林里发现了一具尸体,经...
    沈念sama阅读 39,464评论 1 290
  • 正文 独居荒郊野岭守林人离奇死亡,尸身上长有42处带血的脓包…… 初始之章·张勋 以下内容为张勋视角 年9月15日...
    茶点故事阅读 34,549评论 2 309
  • 正文 我和宋清朗相恋三年,在试婚纱的时候发现自己被绿了。 大学时的朋友给我发了我未婚夫和他白月光在一起吃饭的照片。...
    茶点故事阅读 36,330评论 1 326
  • 序言:一个原本活蹦乱跳的男人离奇死亡,死状恐怖,灵堂内的尸体忽然破棺而出,到底是诈尸还是另有隐情,我是刑警宁泽,带...
    沈念sama阅读 32,205评论 3 312
  • 正文 年R本政府宣布,位于F岛的核电站,受9级特大地震影响,放射性物质发生泄漏。R本人自食恶果不足惜,却给世界环境...
    茶点故事阅读 37,567评论 3 298
  • 文/蒙蒙 一、第九天 我趴在偏房一处隐蔽的房顶上张望。 院中可真热闹,春花似锦、人声如沸。这庄子的主人今日做“春日...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 28,889评论 0 17
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我抬头看了看天上的太阳。三九已至,却和暖如春,着一层夹袄步出监牢的瞬间,已是汗流浃背。 一阵脚步声响...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 30,160评论 1 250
  • 我被黑心中介骗来泰国打工, 没想到刚下飞机就差点儿被人妖公主榨干…… 1. 我叫王不留,地道东北人。 一个月前我还...
    沈念sama阅读 41,475评论 2 341
  • 正文 我出身青楼,却偏偏与公主长得像,于是被迫代替她去往敌国和亲。 传闻我的和亲对象是个残疾皇子,可洞房花烛夜当晚...
    茶点故事阅读 40,650评论 2 335