英语流利说 Level5 Unit3 Part4-Decision-Making Verbs

Decision-Making Verbs

决策的动词

Resume: to continue or start again after a pause .

(中断后)重新开始:暂停后继续或重新开始。

After a short interruption, our work resumed and we worked for another hour.

短暂的中断之后,我们又继续工作了一个小时。

Work on the project resumed once we passed the safety inspection.

我们通过安全检查后,工程就重新开工了。

When we lost electricity everything shut down, but a few minutes later the power returned and we resumed our work.

停电后,所有的设备都关闭了,但几分钟后,电力又恢复了,我们又开始工作。

We resume watching the movie as soon as the wireless connection was restored.

无线连接一恢复,我们就继续看电影。

The project has been postponed, and we won't resume work until we receive the next payment.

项目已经延期,我们要等到收到下一笔付款才能开工。


Interrupt: to stop something in progress.

中断:停止正在进行的事情。

I hate to be interrupted when I'm working, but sometimes it's necessary.

我工作时不喜欢被打扰,但有时这是必要的。

It's difficult to have a conversation with her because she always interrupts.

和她谈话很困难,因为她老是插嘴。

I'm sorry to interrupt, but I think we need to focus on the main problems.

很抱歉打断一下,我认为我们需要把重点放在主要问题上。

Be careful not to interrupt the boss when he's speaking.

注意不要打断老板说话。

I'm trying hard to concentrate, so please don't interrupt me.

我正在努力集中注意力,所以请不要打断我。


Reconsider :to reassess or think again about changing something.

重新考虑:重新评估或考虑改变某事。

I was planning to vote against him, but after hearing him speak, I'm going to reconsider.

我本来打算投他的反对票,但听了他的发言后,我会重新考虑。

I didn't want to hire her at first, but then I reconsidered and offer her the job.

起初我不想雇用她,但后来我重新考虑了一下,给了她这份工作。

I'm glad I reconsidered your plan because it's turning out to be a big success.

我很高兴重新考虑了你的计划,因为它很成功。

I'm asking you to reconsider your decision, or I'll have no choice but to sue you.

我要求你重新考虑你的决定,否则我别无选择,只能起诉你。

We are planning to sue your company unless you reconsider your decision.

如果你不重新考虑你的决定,我们打算起诉你的公司。


Conclude: to reach a decision; to end something or summarize the main points.

结论:作出决定;结束或总结要点。

To conclude my presentation, here is a summary of my recommendations.

在结束我的发言之前,我想总结一下我的建议。

After hearing arguments for and against the project, we have reached a conclusion.

在听取了赞成和反对这个项目的意见后,我们得出了结论。

We have concluded that there are too many risks, so we're going to cancel the project.

我们认为风险太大,所以我们打算取消这个项目。

Given all the evidence we have come to the conclusion that the pilot was not to blame for the accident.

考虑到所有的证据,我们得出结论,这次事故不应归咎于飞行员。

In conclusion, I think this new pesticide isn't safe for the environment. 

总之,我认为这种新杀虫剂对环境不安全。


Anticipate: to think in advance; to predict what's ahead.

预期:提前考虑;预测未来。

I won the game because it was easy to anticipate my opponent's next move.

我赢了这场比赛,因为很容易预测对手的下一步棋。

He tried to anticipate what we were going to do, but he was completely wrong, so he lost.

他试图预测我们将要做什么,但他完全错了,所以他输了。

I'm anticipating that they won't begin their attack until the weather conditions improve, but they may surprise us.

我预计在天气好转之前它们不会开始攻击,但它们可能会让我们大吃一惊。

Given all the evidence we have come to the conclusion that the pilot was not to blame for the accident.

考虑到所有的证据,我们得出结论,这次事故不应归咎于飞行员。

Their sales revenues were much less than they anticipated, so they ran out of money.

他们的销售收入远远低于预期,所以他们把钱花光了。


Be careful not to interrupt the boss when he's speaking.

注意不要打断老板说话。

I've considered and reconsidered your request, but the answer is still no.

我已经再三考虑了你的要求,但答案仍然是否定的。

In conclusion, I think this new pesticide isn't safe for the environment.

总之,我认为这种新杀虫剂对环境不安全。

The project has been postponed, and we won't resume work until we receive the next payment.

项目已经延期,我们要等到收到下一笔付款才能开工。

We are planning to sue your company unless you reconsider your decision.

如果你不重新考虑你的决定,我们打算起诉你的公司。

Even though he tried to anticipate our attack, we were able to overwhelm his defenses.

尽管他试图先发制人,我们还是击溃了他的防线。

After a short interruption, our work resumed and we worked for another hour.

短暂的中断之后,我们又继续工作了一个小时。

I was planning to vote against him, but after hearing him speak, I'm going to reconsider.

我本来打算投他的反对票,但听了他的发言后,我会重新考虑。

After hearing arguments for and against the project, we have reached conclusion.

在听取了赞成和反对这个项目的意见后,我们得出了结论。

I hate to be interrupted when I'm working, but sometimes it's necessary.

我工作时不喜欢被打扰,但有时这是必要的。

Are you sure you won't reconsider your decision?

你确定你不会重新考虑你的决定吗?

We have concluded that there are too many risks, so we're going to cancel the project.

我们认为风险太大,所以我们打算取消这个项目。

We resumed watching the movie as soon as the wireless connection was restored.

无线连接一恢复,我们就重新开始看电影了。

I'm asking you to reconsider your decision, or I'll have no choice but to sue you.

我要求你重新考虑你的决定,否则我别无选择,只能起诉你。

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
  • 序言:七十年代末,一起剥皮案震惊了整个滨河市,随后出现的几起案子,更是在滨河造成了极大的恐慌,老刑警刘岩,带你破解...
    沈念sama阅读 194,242评论 5 459
  • 序言:滨河连续发生了三起死亡事件,死亡现场离奇诡异,居然都是意外死亡,警方通过查阅死者的电脑和手机,发现死者居然都...
    沈念sama阅读 81,769评论 2 371
  • 文/潘晓璐 我一进店门,熙熙楼的掌柜王于贵愁眉苦脸地迎上来,“玉大人,你说我怎么就摊上这事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 141,484评论 0 319
  • 文/不坏的土叔 我叫张陵,是天一观的道长。 经常有香客问我,道长,这世上最难降的妖魔是什么? 我笑而不...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 52,133评论 1 263
  • 正文 为了忘掉前任,我火速办了婚礼,结果婚礼上,老公的妹妹穿的比我还像新娘。我一直安慰自己,他们只是感情好,可当我...
    茶点故事阅读 61,007评论 4 355
  • 文/花漫 我一把揭开白布。 她就那样静静地躺着,像睡着了一般。 火红的嫁衣衬着肌肤如雪。 梳的纹丝不乱的头发上,一...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 46,080评论 1 272
  • 那天,我揣着相机与录音,去河边找鬼。 笑死,一个胖子当着我的面吹牛,可吹牛的内容都是我干的。 我是一名探鬼主播,决...
    沈念sama阅读 36,496评论 3 381
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我猛地睁开眼,长吁一口气:“原来是场噩梦啊……” “哼!你这毒妇竟也来了?” 一声冷哼从身侧响起,我...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 35,190评论 0 253
  • 序言:老挝万荣一对情侣失踪,失踪者是张志新(化名)和其女友刘颖,没想到半个月后,有当地人在树林里发现了一具尸体,经...
    沈念sama阅读 39,464评论 1 290
  • 正文 独居荒郊野岭守林人离奇死亡,尸身上长有42处带血的脓包…… 初始之章·张勋 以下内容为张勋视角 年9月15日...
    茶点故事阅读 34,549评论 2 309
  • 正文 我和宋清朗相恋三年,在试婚纱的时候发现自己被绿了。 大学时的朋友给我发了我未婚夫和他白月光在一起吃饭的照片。...
    茶点故事阅读 36,330评论 1 326
  • 序言:一个原本活蹦乱跳的男人离奇死亡,死状恐怖,灵堂内的尸体忽然破棺而出,到底是诈尸还是另有隐情,我是刑警宁泽,带...
    沈念sama阅读 32,205评论 3 312
  • 正文 年R本政府宣布,位于F岛的核电站,受9级特大地震影响,放射性物质发生泄漏。R本人自食恶果不足惜,却给世界环境...
    茶点故事阅读 37,567评论 3 298
  • 文/蒙蒙 一、第九天 我趴在偏房一处隐蔽的房顶上张望。 院中可真热闹,春花似锦、人声如沸。这庄子的主人今日做“春日...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 28,889评论 0 17
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我抬头看了看天上的太阳。三九已至,却和暖如春,着一层夹袄步出监牢的瞬间,已是汗流浃背。 一阵脚步声响...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 30,160评论 1 250
  • 我被黑心中介骗来泰国打工, 没想到刚下飞机就差点儿被人妖公主榨干…… 1. 我叫王不留,地道东北人。 一个月前我还...
    沈念sama阅读 41,475评论 2 341
  • 正文 我出身青楼,却偏偏与公主长得像,于是被迫代替她去往敌国和亲。 传闻我的和亲对象是个残疾皇子,可洞房花烛夜当晚...
    茶点故事阅读 40,650评论 2 335