跟着卷福学英语(二十七)

前景提要:考验还在继续,价值三千万的荷兰大师遗作、横尸岸边的保安,真凶是谁?幕后黑手有是谁?

S:Why hasn't he phoned? He's broken his pattern. Why? Waterloo Bridge.他为什么不来电话?这不符合他的习惯?去滑铁卢桥。

W:Where now, the gallery?现在去哪儿,美术馆吗?

S:In a bit.等会儿。

W:The Hickman's contemporary art, isn't it? Why have they got hold of an old master?希曼不是现代艺术美术馆吗?怎么跑去弄了件古代绘画大师的作品?

S:Don't know. Dangerous to jump to conclusions. Need data...不知道,匆忙做结论非常危险。我们需要更多信息…

S:Stop! Can you wait here? I won't be a moment.停车!稍等会好么?我去去就回。

W:Sherlock?夏洛克

Woman C:Change? Any change?有零钱吗?施舍点吧。

S:What for?要来干嘛?

Woman C:Cup of tea, of course.当然是拿去喝茶

S:Here you go, 50.给你50镑

Woman C:Thanks.多谢

W:What are you doing?你这是干什么?

S:Investing.撒网。

S:Now we go to the gallery. Have you got any cash? No, I need you to find out all you can about the gallery attendant. Lestrade will give you the address.现在去美术馆,你有现金么?我要你去查那保安的一切资料,雷斯垂德会给你地址的。

W:OK.好

Woman D:We'd been sharing about a year. Just sharing.我们当了一年左右的室友,室友而已。

W:May I?我能看看么?

Woman D:Yeah.可以。

W:Sorry. Stargazer, was he?不好意思。他是个观星者吗?

Woman D:God, yeah. Mad about it. It's all he ever did in his spare time. He was a nice guy, Alex. I liked him. He was, er...never much of a one for hoovering.当然,简直欲罢不能,这是他唯一的业余爱好。亚历是个很好的人,我对他颇有好感。他倒是不怎么爱打扫。

W:What about art? Did he know anything about that?那他懂艺术吗?

Woman D:It was just a job, you know?那只是工作,糊口罢了。

W:Has anyone else been round asking about Alex?最近有人来打听过亚历吗?

Woman D:No. We had a break-in, though.没有。倒是有人非法闯入。

W:When?什么时候

Woman D:Last night. There was nothing taken. Oh, there was a message left for Alex on the land line.昨晚,什么都没丢。对了,有一条给亚历的电话留言。

W:Who was it from?谁打来的?

Woman D:I can play it for you, if you like. I'll get the phone.你想听我可以放给你听。我去拿电话。

W:Please.麻烦了。

Professor Cairns:Oh, should I speak now? Alex? Love, it's Professor Cairns. Listen, you were right. You were bloody right. Give us a call when...现在可以说话了吧?亚历?亲爱的,我是凯恩斯教授,听着,你没错,一点也没错。有空给我们回个电....

W:Professor Cairns?凯恩斯教授?

Woman D:No idea, sorry.不知道,抱歉。

W:Can I try and ring back?我能回拨么?

Woman D:No good. I've had other calls since. Sympathy ones, you know.没用的,我接过好几个慰问电话了。

Miss Wenceslas:Don't you have something to do?你没有活要干了?

S:Just admiring the view.欣赏画作呢

Miss Wenceslas:Yes. Lovely. Now getback to work -we open tonight. 我看得出来。亲爱的快回去工作,这里今晚才开放。

S:Doesn't it bother you?你不苦恼吗?

Miss Wenceslas:What?什么?

S:That the painting's a fake.这幅画是赝品。

Miss Wenceslas:What?什么?

S:It's a fake. It has to be. It's the only possible explanation. You are in charge, aren't you, Miss Wenceslas?假的。它必须是,这是唯一的解释。你是这儿的主管吧,温斯莱斯小姐?

Miss Wenceslas:Who are you?你是谁?

S:Alex Woodbridge knew that the painting was a fake, so somebody sent the Golem to take care of him. Was it you?亚历知道这画是赝品,所以被人谋杀了,是你派格木去的吗?

Miss Wenceslas:Golem? What the hell are you talking about?格木是谁?你到底想说什么?

S:Are you working for someone else? Did you fake it for them?你在为谁工作?是你为他们伪造画作吗?

Miss Wenceslas:It's not a fake.那是真迹。

S:It is a fake. Idon't know why. But there's something wrong with it, there has to be. 就是伪造的,虽然不知缘由。但一定有什么不对劲的地方。

Miss Wenceslas:What thehell are you on about? You know I could have you sacked on the spot. 你到底有什么目的?要知道我现在就可以炒了你。

S:Not a problem.没关系。

Miss Wenceslas:No?真没关系?

S:No, I don't workhere, you see. Just popped in to give you a bit of friendly advice. 对,我又不在这工作。只是走进来给你个友好的建议。

Miss Wenceslas:How did you get in?你怎么进来的?

S:Please!得了。

Miss Wenceslas:I want to know.我要知道。

S:The art of disguise is knowing how to hide in plain sight.伪装的艺术就在于如何隐藏于众目睽睽之下。

Miss Wenceslas:Who are you?你是谁?

S:Sherlock Holmes.夏洛克·福尔摩斯

Miss Wenceslas:Am I supposed to be impressed?我应该如雷贯耳吗?

S:You should be. Have a nice day.当然。祝您有愉快的一天。

Liz:He wouldn't. He just wouldn't.他不会的,不会的。

W:No. Stranger things have happened.不,凡事难预料。

Liz:Westie wasn't a traitor. That's a horrible thing to say!小威不是叛国贼,这样说太过分了

W:I'm sorry. But you must understand...很抱歉可是你要知道...

Liz:That's what they think, isn't it, his bosses?他们这样想对吧?他的老板?

W:He was young man, about to get married, he had debts.他是快结婚的年轻人,欠着债。

Liz:Everyone's got debts, and Westie wouldn't want to clear them by selling out his country. 人人都欠着债,小威绝不可能为了还债去出卖国家。

W:Can you, er...? Can you tell me exactly what happened that night? 1073你可以告诉我...那晚究竟发生了什么吗?

Liz:We were having anight in. Just...watching a DVD. He normally falls asleep, you know, but he satthrough this one. He was quiet. Out of the blue he said he just had to go andsee someone. 我们在家呆着,只是看DVD。平时他会睡着可这次他没有,一语不发。突然他就说要出去见个人。

W:And you've no idea who?你不知道是谁?

Joe:Hi, Liz. You OK, love?嗨丽兹你还好吗?

Liz:Yeah.还好。

Joe:Who's this?他是谁?

W:John Watson, hi.约翰·华生,你好。

Liz:This is my brother, Joe. John's trying to find out what happened to Westie, Joe.这是我哥哥乔伊,约翰在调查小韦的事,乔伊。

Joe:You with the police?你是警局的人?

W:Sort of, yeah.算是吧

Joe:Tell them to get off their arses, will you? It's bloody ridiculous.你叫他们少管闲事好吗?真是荒唐至极。

W:I'll do my best. Well, er, thanks very much for your help. Again, I'm very, very sorry.我会尽力的。好吧,再次谢谢你的合作,我非常非常遗憾。

Liz:He didn't steal those things, Mr Watson. I knew Westie, he was a good man. He was MY good man.华生先生,他没有偷那些东西,华生先生,我深知小威,他是个好人。至少他是我的好男人。

W:Alex Woodbridge didn't know anything special about art.亚历对艺术一无所知。

S:And?还有呢?

W:And...还有什么…

S:Is that it? No habits, hobbies, personality?就没了吗?爱好?个性?

W:Give us a chance. He was an amateur astronomer.听我说完,他是业余天文学家。

S:Hold that cab.让那辆的士等着我们。

Woman C:Spare change, sir?先生有零钱吗?

S:Don't mind if I do. Fortunately, I haven't been idle. Come on.还真有。幸好我还在不懈努力,我们走。

S:Beautiful, isn't it?真美,对吧?

W:I thought you didn't care about...你不是不关心吗?

S:Doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.欣赏总可以吧。

W:Listen, Alex Woodbridge had a message on the answerphone at his flat. A Professor Cairns.听着,亚历家的电话答录机里有条信息,一位凯安斯教授。

S:This way.这边。

S:Nice.不错。

W:Nice part of town. Any time you want to explain?这地方真不错。能解释下这是干嘛吗?

S:Homeless network. Really is indispensable.流浪汉消息网,真的太重要了。

W:Homeless network?流浪汉消息网?

S:My eyes and ears, all over the city.他们是我遍布这座城市的耳目。

W:Ah, that's...clever. So you scratch their backs, and...?这...很聪明。那你帮他们挠背来讨好他们吗?

S:Yes, then disinfect myself.对,然后给自己消毒。

W:Sherlock! Come on! What's he doing sleeping rough?夏洛克过来。他在露宿吗?

S:Well, he has a very distinctive look. He has to hide somewhere where tongues won't wag...much.他长的与众不同所以得选个不易走漏风声的地方。

W:Oh sh... I wish I...真希望我...

S:What? Don't mention it.什么?没关系,别提了。

S:No! No! No! No! It'll take us weeks to find him again.  不,不。再找到他又要花几周了。

W:or I might have an idea where he might be going. 我可能知道他要去哪。

S:What?什么?

W:I told you, someone left Alex Woodbridge a message. There can't be that many Professor Cairns in the book. Come on. 我告诉过你有人给伍德布基留了言,世上没几个凯恩斯教授,来吧。

最后编辑于
©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
  • 序言:七十年代末,一起剥皮案震惊了整个滨河市,随后出现的几起案子,更是在滨河造成了极大的恐慌,老刑警刘岩,带你破解...
    沈念sama阅读 203,324评论 5 476
  • 序言:滨河连续发生了三起死亡事件,死亡现场离奇诡异,居然都是意外死亡,警方通过查阅死者的电脑和手机,发现死者居然都...
    沈念sama阅读 85,303评论 2 381
  • 文/潘晓璐 我一进店门,熙熙楼的掌柜王于贵愁眉苦脸地迎上来,“玉大人,你说我怎么就摊上这事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 150,192评论 0 337
  • 文/不坏的土叔 我叫张陵,是天一观的道长。 经常有香客问我,道长,这世上最难降的妖魔是什么? 我笑而不...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 54,555评论 1 273
  • 正文 为了忘掉前任,我火速办了婚礼,结果婚礼上,老公的妹妹穿的比我还像新娘。我一直安慰自己,他们只是感情好,可当我...
    茶点故事阅读 63,569评论 5 365
  • 文/花漫 我一把揭开白布。 她就那样静静地躺着,像睡着了一般。 火红的嫁衣衬着肌肤如雪。 梳的纹丝不乱的头发上,一...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 48,566评论 1 281
  • 那天,我揣着相机与录音,去河边找鬼。 笑死,一个胖子当着我的面吹牛,可吹牛的内容都是我干的。 我是一名探鬼主播,决...
    沈念sama阅读 37,927评论 3 395
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我猛地睁开眼,长吁一口气:“原来是场噩梦啊……” “哼!你这毒妇竟也来了?” 一声冷哼从身侧响起,我...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 36,583评论 0 257
  • 序言:老挝万荣一对情侣失踪,失踪者是张志新(化名)和其女友刘颖,没想到半个月后,有当地人在树林里发现了一具尸体,经...
    沈念sama阅读 40,827评论 1 297
  • 正文 独居荒郊野岭守林人离奇死亡,尸身上长有42处带血的脓包…… 初始之章·张勋 以下内容为张勋视角 年9月15日...
    茶点故事阅读 35,590评论 2 320
  • 正文 我和宋清朗相恋三年,在试婚纱的时候发现自己被绿了。 大学时的朋友给我发了我未婚夫和他白月光在一起吃饭的照片。...
    茶点故事阅读 37,669评论 1 329
  • 序言:一个原本活蹦乱跳的男人离奇死亡,死状恐怖,灵堂内的尸体忽然破棺而出,到底是诈尸还是另有隐情,我是刑警宁泽,带...
    沈念sama阅读 33,365评论 4 318
  • 正文 年R本政府宣布,位于F岛的核电站,受9级特大地震影响,放射性物质发生泄漏。R本人自食恶果不足惜,却给世界环境...
    茶点故事阅读 38,941评论 3 307
  • 文/蒙蒙 一、第九天 我趴在偏房一处隐蔽的房顶上张望。 院中可真热闹,春花似锦、人声如沸。这庄子的主人今日做“春日...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 29,928评论 0 19
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我抬头看了看天上的太阳。三九已至,却和暖如春,着一层夹袄步出监牢的瞬间,已是汗流浃背。 一阵脚步声响...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 31,159评论 1 259
  • 我被黑心中介骗来泰国打工, 没想到刚下飞机就差点儿被人妖公主榨干…… 1. 我叫王不留,地道东北人。 一个月前我还...
    沈念sama阅读 42,880评论 2 349
  • 正文 我出身青楼,却偏偏与公主长得像,于是被迫代替她去往敌国和亲。 传闻我的和亲对象是个残疾皇子,可洞房花烛夜当晚...
    茶点故事阅读 42,399评论 2 342

推荐阅读更多精彩内容