Sheldon给博士生讲课,自我感觉良好却恶评如潮,深受打击的他在Amy建议下拜Penny为师学表演,最后演了一个自己10岁时写的被外星人接走的剧本,演着演着哭起来,不愿意离开妈妈,Penny只好立即打电话给他妈求救……
Raj老是找不着女朋友,Leonard和Howard都担心他要成gay,不过他近期的幻想出现了好几回,一次是幻想Howard要去以色列两年,把Bernadette托付给他,一次是幻想Howard出了车祸,把Bernadette托付给他,再一次是Bernadette发现他躲着他们,找上门来要他说个清楚,然后两人欢欢喜喜地跳起了印度舞……
I was expecting applause, but I suppose stunned silence is equally appropriate. 我还等着掌声呢 不过震慑的沉默也还可以
Is your Wi-Fi down? 你们WiFi坏了吗
I can't get on.我连不上
So, how'd the lecture go? 课上得怎么样
Well, I suppose everyone's entitled to their own opinion. 我想每个人都有权表达自己的观点
I think I'll turn in. 我还是去睡觉吧
Sheldon still moping? Sheldon还在郁闷吗
Yeah, it's weird. Even though he didn't want to give the lecture in the first place, being rejected by those students really hit him hard. 是啊 好奇怪 尽管他一开始就不想给这帮学生上课 被他们拒绝还是挺打击他的
I know the feeling. 我深有体会
It's like accidentally walking into a gay bar and then having no one hit on you. 就好像无意中走进了一家同性恋酒吧 然后发现没人对你有兴趣
We might be starting to zero in on your problem. 我们估计得从头考虑你的问题了
It's a charming illusion, but it does not cheer me up. 视觉效果很炫 但我还是不高兴
Not even when I do this? 就算我这么做都没用吗
Well, that was the last arrow in my quiver of whimsy. 这是我搞怪的压箱底招了
If this humiliating experience is really troubling you, there are things we could do about it.如果这次丢人的经历真的让你很困扰 我们还是有办法解决的
I sense that you're trying to slow-walk me to an epiphany. Would you mind very much jumping to it? 我感觉你在循循善诱 为何不直奔主题呢
Perhaps you should consider taking acting lessons. 也许你该考虑一下学学表演
Where is this coming from? 你怎么忽然想到这个
Okay, just to be clear. 先把话说清楚
I suppose that's one way to look at it. 你这样解释也行
Does this mean you are done mocking my acting career? 这是不是意味着你不会再嘲笑我的演艺事业了
Forget it. 算了吧
Raj, I have amazing news. 我有好消息要宣布
That's incredible. 太棒了
That's what we're here to talk to you about. 我们就是来找你谈这件事的
What do you say? 你同意吗
You know, get our bodies warmed up a little. 就是稍微热热身
So, did you get a chance to go over the scene I gave you? 对了 你有时间看一遍我给你的那部电影吗
Why don't we leave that for future generations to decide? 为什么不留给后代去决定呢
I just don't buy it. 我还是接受不了
I'm gonna lead you in. 我会带你入戏