Power is a shadow on the wall. Avery small man can cast a very large shadow.
权力就像墙上的阴影,再渺小的人也能投射出巨大的影子。
《冰与火之歌》是由美国著名小说家乔治·马丁所著的史诗奇幻小说,是当代奇幻文学一部影响深远的里程碑式的作品。
近期热播的美剧《权力的游戏》,真实的还原并讲诉了这部史诗级著作。
共分为七个系列:《凛冬将至》《列王的纷争》《冰雨的风暴》《群鸦的盛宴》《魔龙的狂舞》《凛冬的寒风》以及《春晓的梦想》。
至于后续的第八季,目前HBO的Casey Bloys进行了回应:泄露的剧本根本就是伪造的,因为他们准备拍摄四种结局。
并且最终采用哪个结局由马丁老爷子来决定,就是《冰与火之歌》小说作者哦。
剧中Bran和父亲Ned的对话:
Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?
当一个人害怕的时候还能勇敢吗?
That is the only time a man can be brave.
人只有在害怕的时候才会变得勇敢。
Courage and folly is always just a fine line.
勇气和愚蠢往往只有一线之隔。
Life is not a song. You may learn that one day to your sorrow.
人生不比歌谣,有朝一日,你可能会大失所望。
Every flight begins with a fall.
飞翔都是从坠落开始的。
Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not.
永远不要忘了你是谁,因为这个世界不会忘记。
Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness.
把你的特点变成你的力量,它就永远不会成为你的弱点。
Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.
用它武装自己,它就永远不能伤害你。
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder.
混乱不是深渊。混乱是阶梯。
Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again.
很多人想往上爬,却失败了,且永无机会再试。
The fall breaks them.
他们坠落而亡。
And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse.
有些人本有机会攀爬,但他们拒绝了。
They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love: illusions.
他们守着王国,守着诸神,守着爱情——尽皆幻象。
Only the ladder is real; the climb is all there is.
唯有阶梯真实存在,攀爬才是生活的全部。
I have a realistic grasp of my own strengths and weaknesses.
我对我的长处和弱势相对客观。
My mind is my weapon.
头脑是我的武器。
And a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
并且头脑需要书籍正如宝剑需要磨石来保持锋利一样。
It is one thing to be clever and another to be wise.
聪明是一回事,智慧是另外一件事。
The more you love, the weaker you are.
你爱的越多,你就越脆弱。
The things we love destroy us every time.
每次都是我们所爱的,才能够摧毁我们。
守夜人誓词:
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death.
长夜将至,我从今开始守望,至死方休。
I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children.
我将不娶妻、不封地、不生子。
I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.
我将不戴宝冠,不争荣宠。
I shall live and die at my post.
我将尽忠职守,生死於斯。
I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls.
我是黑暗中的利剑,长城上的守卫。
I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.
我是抵御寒冷的烈焰,破晓时分的光线,唤醒眠者的号角,守护王国的坚盾。
I pledge my life and honor to the Night’s Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.
我将生命与荣耀献给守夜人,今夜如此,夜夜皆然。