TED Talk Machine intelligence makes human morals more important 机器智能使人类道德更重要 Speaker: Zeynep Tufekci 第一课
So, I started my first job as a computer programmer in my very first year of college -- basically, as a teenager. 所以,我在大学一年级时就开始了我的第一份电脑程序员的工作,我那时候基本上是一个十几岁的孩子。
Soon after I started working, writing software in a company, a manager who worked at the company came down to where I was, 我开始工作后不久,在一家公司写软件,一位在公司工作的经理来到我所在的地方,
and he whispered to me, "Can he tell if I'm lying?" There was nobody else in the room. 他低声对我说:“他能告诉我我在撒谎吗?”房间里没有其他人。
"Can who tell if you're lying? And why are we whispering?" “谁能告诉我你在撒谎?我们为什么要窃窃私语?”
The manager pointed at the computer in the room. "Can he tell if I'm lying?" 经理指着房间里的电脑。“他能告诉我我在撒谎吗?”
Well, that manager was having an affair with the receptionist. 嗯,那个经理和接待员有暧昧关系。
And I was still a teenager. So I whisper-shouted back to him, "Yes, the computer can tell if you're lying." 我还是个十几岁的孩子。于是我小声地对他喊道:“是的,电脑能分辨出你在撒谎。”
Well, I laughed, but actually, the laugh's on me. 嗯,我笑了,但事实上,我才是被笑的。
Nowadays, there are computational systems that can suss out emotional states and even lying from processing human faces. 现在,有一些计算系统可以解读被处理的人脸上的情绪状态甚至撒谎与否。
Advertisers and even governments are very interested. 广告商甚至政府都很感兴趣。
I had become a computer programmer because I was one of those kids crazy about math and science. 我已经成为一名电脑程序员,因为我是一个对数学和科学着迷的孩子。
But somewhere along the line I'd learned about nuclear weapons, and I'd gotten really concerned with the ethics of science. 但我在某个地方学到了核武器,我真的很关心科学的伦理学。
I was troubled. 我很烦恼。
However, because of family circumstances, I also needed to start working as soon as possible. 然而,由于家庭情况,我也需要尽快开始工作。
So I thought to myself, hey, let me pick a technical field where I can get a job easily and where I don't have to deal with any troublesome questions of ethics. 因此,我想,嘿,让我选择一个技术领域,我可以轻松地找到一份工作,在那里我不需要处理任何棘手的道德问题。
So I picked computers. 所以我选择了电脑。
Well, ha, ha, ha! All the laughs are on me. 哈,哈,哈!所有的笑声都在我身上。
Nowadays, computer scientists are building platforms that control what abillion people see every day. 【跟读】 如今,计算机科学家正在构建一个平台,控制着每天有十亿人看到的东西。
They're developing cars that could decide who torun over. 他们正在开发可以决定谁来跑的汽车。
They're even building machines, weapons, that might kill human beings in war. 他们甚至制造机器,武器,可能会在战争中杀死人类。
It's ethics all the way down. 这是道德的一路下滑。