1. depth and dimension
深度和广度
E.g. There really wasn’t a real depth and dimension of understanding by the markets and by businesses.
从商业和市场的角度,并没有真正了解问题的深度和广度。
2. drive this point home
真正理解这点
E.g. To drive this point home, allow me to highlight the effect of food security.
为了真正阐明这一点,请允许我强调食品安全的影响。
3. egg somebody on
怂恿
E.g. He was lifting up handful of leaves and throwing them at her. She was laughing and egging him on.
他正抓起一把树叶朝她扔去。她笑着,怂恿他继续扔。
4. for what it’s worth
信不信由你
E.g. For what it’s worth, I found other answers suggest the same solution.
信不信由你,我发现其他答案都建议这个解决方案。
5. get chills
脊背发凉
E.g. If you don’t get chills from watching this scene, then there is a good chance you may be dead inside.
如果你在看到这一幕时没有毛骨悚然,你可能早已心死了。
6. get over
(从不快或疾病中)恢复过来
E.g. It took me a very long time to get over the shock of her death.
我过了很长时间才从她去世的震惊中恢复过来。
7. He has not shut up about it since.
从那之后他就说个没完。
8. in a row
连续地
E.g. Once again, with three road games in a row, we folded during the last outing.
连续三场客场,我们又一次在比赛的最后时刻倒下。
9. learn a lesson
得到教训
E.g. Speeding was the direct cause of the tragedy. So we should all learn a lesson from it.
超速是这起惨剧的直接原因。因此,我们都应该从中吸取教训。
10. Man up!
像个男子汉一样!